Pages

November 21, 2010

Christmas Silhouettes - Personalize it with Your Own Picture!


Yay for my first Christmas decoration of the year!  I LOVE how these turned out - and they were so easy:)  I of course love them because they are made from silhouettes of my two little sweeties.  You can personalize your own with pictures of your kids, or grandkids, or yourself! 
I was definitely inspired by this post here - and I still may make those darling ornaments.  But, I had already made these silhouette paintings, and couldn't resist decorating them for Christmas.  Check out my other blog post to see how I traced pictures of my kids and painted them onto these canvases from the craft store. 
I cut bonnets out of felt, the right size to fit my painted heads.
I added fabric, ribbons, ruffles and holley along the "brim".  I just used things I already had around the house - and there are many more possibilities.
I fastened my embellishments by sewing and/or gluing. 

And then attached the bonnets to the pictures with a dab of hot glue.

I also strung some beads on a string to make a "necklace" which I also fastened with a tiny bit of hot glue.  All the hot glue I used is very minimal, so I may pop the embellishments off after Christmas...but they look so cute, I may make them part of my yearly decor:)



image signature


I'm Linking To:
Visit thecsiproject.com

5 comments:

  1. Very cute!I may have to dress my silhouettes up for the holidays too! Found you @ Frou Frou Decor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that my Regency Silhouette Christmas Ornaments tutorial worked so well to help you dress up your silhouette paintings. It's great that the bonnet pattern pieces from my tutorial fit your silhouettes so well. Great job!

    ReplyDelete