Pages

July 24, 2010

Mod Podge Storybook Cabinet

 


I had a little plain white cabinet, and didn't know what to do with it.  I needed something to hold my daughter's bows in, and my mom suggested that I mod podge the entire cabinet with phrases and images from their favorite books.
We love the Sandra Boynton books in particular, so I decided to cover the cabinet with colorful pictures and words from her books.

First, I covered the cabinet with torn pieces of tissue paper, in a wide variety of colors.  I would cover a small section of the cabinet with the glue, lay down tissue paper, and then paint over the paper with more glue.  (It took a few sittings:) )




I could have left it just like this - it was pretty cute! 
After the tissue paper was completely dry, I decided where to put the pictures and words.  (You could use the actual books to cut up - which would work great - but since mine are board books, I used a combination of color copies and typing out the words.) 
I spread another layer of mod podge and stuck down groups of words and pictures.  I then applied a generous layer of mod podge over the whole thing. 
 


It is very fitting on the wall of my girl's colorful room.  I put their bows and headbands inside and it works great!  I may find a way to put up a mesh barrier inside, to hold the bows in as the pile gets taller, but for now, I love it!

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment