Pages

May 13, 2010

Taggy Owl - Stuffed Animal


I used a combination of this tutorial and this idea to create my own cute stuffed owl. I used the pattern from the first, but printed it on 8.5 x 11 paper - because I wanted my owls smaller.

For the one on the left, I made little taggies with scraps of fabric. (Squares, sewn right sides together on 3 sides and turned right side out)

For the one on the right, I used ribbon, folded over.

Lay the taggies along the strip of fabric, just as you want them to look. Place another piece of fabric on top of it, right sides together, and sew along the top. Then, when you flip it open, it will look like the pictures below:


Then, I sewed the eyes and the beak. I chose not to use buttons for they eyes, so that there would be no choking hazards for little kids.
My top piece looked like this when I was done:
I followed the rest of the tutorial to finish - it explains it very well.
 

Pretty cute!  Huzzah!


image signature

1 comment: